It's never too early to start looking after your skin; nurturing and protecting it; from the inside and outside. There is a generation of young women who know this and are putting their health and well-being at the forefront of their beauty agenda. Recent research has noted that looking after their mind and body has never been more important, however anti- ageing is not yet a concern for them. It is heartening that this healthy attitude is starting young.
To help you make the most of your skin, mind and body, here are some key habits you can start adopting now which your future self will thank you for!
5 SKIN-SAVING HABITS
- DO NOT SMOKE! It's 2015. You know smoking is powerfully detrimental to your health. As well as cancers, hearth disease and chronic illness, smoking has a drastic effect on your skin. If you have already started STOP! It's not easy but there is help. Drop into your local boots for advice or log onto www.QUIT.ie for support and advice.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER! Again, this is advice we've heard before but it can be hard to build it into daily life. Set yourself a target for two weeks, to be more conscious about when you drink water and how much. Start your day including a large glass with breakfast, do the same with lunch and continue topping up when you can. Think about your activity levels and hydrate before you get thirsty!
- WEAR SPF EVERYDAY! This is something for the guys and girls. Just because we don't have bikini weather that doesn't mean UV sun-damage isn't effecting us on a grey morning. Make SPF an essential ingredient in your skin routine. You will be thankful you did in 20yrs time. For your beauty and health, it's a simple, yet important step.
- FRESHEN UP YOUR GRUB! It seems like a massive effort to change your diet at first but it's all about tweaking towards better health. Where you can , replace processed foods for fresh. Add in fruits and veg to each meal. Challenge yourself and friends to learn some new recipes with a healthy but tasty edge. Even make it into a Come-dine-with-me competition!
- SKIN-SAVING ROUTINE! This one can seem like a challenge too but think about it. You brush your teeth without a second thought...why wouldn't you cleanse off that make-up, remove the day't grime and give your skin some rest and recuperation. You need to be consistent, gentle and using the right products. Investing time and thought into skin-care is the foundation for beautiful skin in the long-term.
When it comes to health and beauty Boots know how to help and their very own No7 range has your skin covered. Committed to developing the best skincare solutions to fulfil women’s needs whatever their age, the experts at No7 have listened to women and have developed a skincare solution designed specifically to fit the needs of 20-35 year olds; NEW No7 Early Defence Skincare. NEW No7 Early Defence Skincare works as a ‘stepping stone’ to help in the transition from everyday skincare to proactively delaying defending against signs of ageing.
Dr Mike Bell, Skincare Scientific Advisor for Boots, says: “Protecting your skin from the sun and environmental stress is really important, particularly if you want to proactively delay the signs of ageing. With Double Defence technology we have created a powerful and broad-spectrum antioxidant complex which has been designed to neutralise damaging free radicals that cause the skin oxidative stress, helping you to keep your skin looking younger for longer.”
Patent pending Double Defence technology contains lots of the good stuff!:
- Ginseng and Mulberry, rich in polyphenols which are effective against superoxides produced in skin when exposed to sunlight or pollution.
- Vitamin C, effective against ozone, which is formed from ultraviolet light and atmospheric electrical discharges.
- Lipochroman and Vitamin E which are effective against singlet oxygen, an incredibly damaging free radical produced by UVA exposure.
- Rice peptides and Alfalfa, which are effective inhibitors of age-accelerating enzymes (MMPs) in the skin. These enzymes are produced in the skin to help it remodel and repair after damage. They degrade breakdown fragments, playing the role of housekeepers and allowing proper repair to follow. In ageing, however, these enzymes become hyperactive breaking down healthy skin components such as collagen.
The NEW No7 Early Defence Skincare range is made up of a Day, a Night and an Eye Cream, each of which have been specifically tailored to the needs of the millennial generation:
- No7 Early Defence Day Cream (€24.95) is a super-light moisturiser with unbeatable 5*UVA protection and SPF15 gives your skin advanced daily protection
- No7 Early Defence Night Cream (€24.95) is a hydrating cream that absorbs quickly for a boost of care that continues while you sleep. It protects from daily damage that continues and helps your skin to recover
- No7 Early Defence Eye Cream (€17.50) is especially designed for the delicate areas around your eyes, enriched with Vitamin C to help reduce puffiness and dark circles, for brighter more beautiful eyes
The No.7 Early Defence range is exclusively available at Boots stores nationwide and on boots.ie now.
Don't forget your Student Leap Card means you save 10% in Boots stores nationwide!
If you have skincare tips to share or questions on how to improve your routine let us know in the comments below.